We are currently looking for a full time medicines information specialist (maternity cover) for our Stirling head office. Please see below for more information on the role;
Medicines Information Specialist – Full Time (maternity cover)
Experience & Qualities Qualifications required:
National Certificate SVQ Level Ill in Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent
Skills & Abilities:
Enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-reliant, team player, professional, outstanding interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills, strong time management, computer literate and proficient in the use of relevant MS applications
- Provide information in response to enquiries about products from healthcare hrofessionals, sales representatives, distributors, wholesalers, compounders, homecare companies and members of the public in accordance with the ABPI guidelines and the respective summary of product characteristics (SPC).
- Report suspected adverse drug reactions (ADRs) and quality complaints in accordance with the drug safety agreement (DSA).
- Handle enquiries received from all sources e.g. by telephone, e-mail, letter, fax, etc.
- Record and answer enquiries appropriately, comprehensively and in a timely manner whilst keeping meticulous written records of all verbal and written correspondence.
- Enter all medicines information (Ml) and general product enquiries into database.
- Responsible for upkeep of all product enquiries by printing, filing and archiving all records.
- Assist Projects Director in local pharmacovigilance (PV) responsibilities by performing a monthly literature review in accordance with the DSA.
- Assist Projects Director in receiving and processing new and updated standard operating procedures (SOPs) from the PV department in accordance with the DSA.
- Assist Projects Director in helping write and update UK guidelines.
- Assist Managing Director and Projects Director by helping prepare for and participate in MHRA and PV audits.
- Liaise with the commercial department regarding the return of complaint samples.
- Liaise with the commercial department regarding the issue of credit and replacement stock in relation to product complaints.
- Assist with notifying external pharmaceutical information websites, e.g. electronic medicinesconsortium (eMC), Chemist & Druggist (C&D), British National Formulary (BNF), etc, about new or updated products.
- Assist the marketing department by providing Med Info for new product launch or launch of new indication for existing product.
- Review new published literature and update the UK team of any new and interesting clinical developments.
- Participate in the Public Holiday on-call rota for providing Ml service when UK office(s) are closed.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 16/02/2017